Bottle # 1311103

MotherHen MotherHen

Bottle # 1311103

Bottle # 1311103 was launched by Horse Lady on 4/21/2013 at 12:00 from a kayak into the Gulf of Mexico on the North side of Green Key. She was about 1/2 mile offshore.
It was a weak outgoing tide and the winds were from the North East at 2-5 mph.
The temp was 82 degrees.
She launched four bottles between 11:00 am and 12:30pm.
Later in the evening a storm came in from the Gulf.

Start your adventure at www.MyMessageBottle.com
George and Nikki George and Nikki

Re: Bottle # 1311103

We found your bottle on the beach at Anclote Island on the west side about 1/2 mile from the North end on April 27, 2013 at 11:00 A.M. There was no wind and the seas were very calm and the weather was 86 degrees. The water was about 79 degrees. We are going to launch the bottle in about a week off shore in the Gulf of Mexico. I will let you know the GPS at that time.
Horse Lady Horse Lady

Re: Bottle # 1311103

This post was updated on .
Hi George  Hi Nikki,

This is wonderful news. I am so excited that you found my message bottle. When I launched the bottle I had no idea where it would go and who would find it. You found it within a week from it's launch.
I think it's a great idea that you take it further out in the Gulf and relaunch it. Who knows, if it winds up in the Gulf stream the next stop could be Europe.
Thank you so much for taking the time to participate in my bottles journey. I hope it becomes a journey that we all will enjoy and I think we are off to a great start.

Thanks again, Cynthia

George & Nikki George & Nikki

Re: Bottle # 1311103

Cynthia, We were finally able to relaunch this bottle. We relaunched it 4 miles from shore West of Hudson at GPS N 28 Deg 21.119 and W 082 Deg 46.475. The winds were to the North at 9MPH, 1 foot seas and an in coming tide. Things at the time appeared to be drifting North so maybe this bottle will have a different track then going South. George and Nikki

Horse Lady Horse Lady

Re: Bottle # 1311103

Hi George, Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much! I looked at the map and it looks like you launched the bottle from about 4 miles offshore. That's great!
I wonder where it will show up next?

Cynthia
Scott Scott

Bottle 1311103

Found bottle on island off Hudson. Sea ranch drive. June 9 2013. Washed up into mangroves. Sending it on its way
Scott Scott

Re: Bottle 1311103

Scott email. Allpro-s@atlantic.net
Horse Lady Horse Lady

Re: Bottle 1311103

Hi Scott,
This is wonderful.
Thanks for relaunching my bottle.
Was it hard to spot the bottle in the mangrove?
I launched 4 bottles that day and this one has been found twice already.
I wonder where the others have gone.
This is so much fun. Thanks again,
Cynthia
scott singer scott singer

Re: Bottle 1311103

Was a beautiful day. Was out on a private island that is part of my condo complex "exploring" with my 9 year old and another vacationing child. We were walking the outskirts of the island "scavenging".  We found multiple items that day including a football, Frisbee, boat floatation device and a bunch of horseshoe crab shells, but your bottle was the best! We trekked back out of the mangoves, al the while the children were quite excited about what could be in the bottle... " Its a treasure map, we gonna have to rent a boat and find the treasure, were gonna be rich.. This is no ordinary bottle, someone really didn't want the map inside to get wet.." I spurred them on and joining into the excitement! We opened it up and they had fun launching the bottle back in the ocean on the out going tide.. Its a memory that will last. Thank you!
scott singer scott singer

Re: Bottle 1311103

Ive got pictures but not sure how to upload them..
Horse Lady Horse Lady

Re: Bottle 1311103

Pictures would be great!

Uploading them is real easy to do.
When you are typing  your post, you will see some buttons above where you type.
Click the "Insert Image" button and a window will come up that lets you upload an image from your computer.
Click 'Browse" and select the image you want to upload. I usually choose the big size in the " Resize" column. You can also enter a description. Then click "Insert" and the image will be imbedded in your post.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks so much, Cynthia