Bottle # 1309904

MotherHen MotherHen

Bottle # 1309904

This post was updated on .
Bottle # 1309904 was launched by Don G. on 4/09/2013 at 3:30 pm from a kayak into the Gulf of Mexico on the North side of Green Key.
It was an outgoing tide and the winds were from the East at 5-10 mph.
The temp was 88 degrees.
Four bottles were launched between 2:00 pm and 3:30pm.
Between the East winds and the strong outgoing tide the bottles disappeared into the Gulf very quickly.

Start your adventure at www.MyMessageBottle.com
salmonboy97 salmonboy97

Re: Bottle # 1309904

My crew and I found a bottle at 28.30.941-82.49.983 serveral miles offshore of Hernando County FL. The note said it was launched 4/9 with several others but I didn't record its specific number. I noted the coordinates on the message and relaunched it from the same location. A crew member took a photo and I will try to post it later. The day was partly cloudy and the seas were very rough further offshore, so we came in to "Cutter Rock" beacon light and that's were the message was found.
William H.
SpearIt Captain
Don G Don G

Re: Bottle # 1309904

This post was updated on .
Thank you Captain!
I'm surprised by it's path. I though it would have headed south and hugged the coast.
It traveled about 14 miles NW in 4 days.
Do you think the bottle's path will be controlled more by wind or current?
Where do you think it will go next?
If you could also post a picture of your ship that would be great.
Thank you for participating.

Don
HealthyTanks